At any time during a Game Period (as defined below), an entrant may log into his/her Facebook® account and accept installation of “Playhem Poker” (the “Application”) after which entrant may follow the online instructions to play competitive poker.
Playhem Poker Features Two Forms of Competition:
- A weekly Leaderboard Competition; and
- Promotional Prize Tournaments, which are incorporated by reference herein as “Leaderboard Competition”, “Promotional Prize Tournaments”, or collectively, as “Games”.
The Leaderboard Competition and Tournament Rules as listed here are intended to complement the Terms of Service, not replace them. In the event of a discrepancy between the Leaderboard Competition and Tournament Rules and Terms of Service, the Terms of Service shall take precedence.
- In the Weekly Leaderboard Competition, all users on the site compete throughout the week at Table Games, Sit N’ Gos, and Tournaments to see who can accrue the most chips each week.
- At the end of each week, players’ chips totals are reset and a new weekly competition begins.
- Top finishers (the definition of which may change from time to time at Sponsor’s sole discretion) from each week may have receive Experience Points and have opportunities to have their performance published in such media as weekly newsletters, the Playhem Pacebook page, or broadcast via Playhem TV.
- The Leaderboard standings can be accessed at all times from the site hub or by clicking on the following link: http://poker.playhem.com/#!/leaderboard
- Promotional Prize Tournaments are held daily. Sponsor will announce the start time of each Promotional Tournament and corresponding prize(s) in the Promotional Tournament schedule published in the Application.
- A Tournament ends when one player accumulates all the chips in play, or in some tournaments, when all remaining players will receive the same prize (for example, if the tournament awards 3 identical prizes, the tournament may end when there are 3 players left).
- If two or more players are eliminated on the same hand, a player with more chips at the start of the hand finishes higher than a player with fewer chips. If all players started the hand with an identical number of chips, all players tie for that rank, and any prizes due to those players will be equally distributed between them.
- When two players remain at the final table, the button will post the small blind, and act first on the opening round.
- As players are eliminated from the tournament, the software will “break” tables to fill available empty seats. The re-seating of players at broken tables is performed randomly and, although rare, may result in a player having to post multiple big blinds in a row. On occasion, the software may balance tables to ensure all tables have an equal (or as close to equal as possible) number of active players. Players moved individually to balance tables will, when possible, be moved to similar positions relative to the blinds. When enough players have been eliminated, all players are brought together at the ‘final table’.
- By participating in a tournament, a player accepts the risk of Internet disconnection, due to problems with the connection between their computer and the servers, lag or freeze or some other problem in the player's computer or the Internet.
- Playhem does not accept any responsibility for a player disconnect except in the case of a server crash.
- If a player times out during a hand, whether connected or disconnected, his or her hand will be folded if facing action, or may be checked if facing no action.
- If a player is not connected before a hand starts, he or she will be dealt cards, and a blind and/or antes will be posted. There is no rule against a single player choosing to sit out; the player doing so will continue to have blinds and antes posted and cards dealt.
- Poker is an individual game. Any action or chat intended to help another player is unethical and is prohibited. Unethical play, such as playing less aggressively against a partner and/or intentionally losing chips to a partner will result in penalties, including seizure of funds from the offender's account and/or termination of the account.
Any form of entry into Leaderboard Competition or Promotional Tournament other than that described herein is void. All entries, regardless of the method of entry, become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Entrants who participate in Leaderboard Competitions and Promotional Prize Tournaments must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
Directors, officers, employees, former employees, contractors, former contractors, agents or representatives of Sponsor and/or its affiliate companies and/or its business partners, as well as the immediate family of such employees (including spouse, and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households as these employees, whether related or not, are not eligible. All Games are subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and ARE VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. Entries from entrants that do not meet the eligibility requirements will be considered void.
Playhem Tokens are Sponsor's virtual currency available for use in purchasing virtual goods, video game tutorials, and access to certain table types that may provide higher entertainment value. When the entrant first installs the Application as well as the start of each week, the entrant will receive a limited number of free Playhem Tokens. Entrant may also purchase Playhem Tokens with “real world” money if the entrant is at least 21 or older. Playhem Tokens are a limited license that have no expiration period and may be redeemed by entrant at any time as provided herein. PLAYHEM TOKENS ARE NOT USABLE FOR ENTRY INTO PROMOTIONAL CASH TOURNAMENTS, AND DO NOT PROVIDE ANY ADVANTAGE DURING THE LEADERBOARD OR CASH PROMOTIONAL TOURNAMENTS.
Playhem Tokens, as well as the corresponding Virtual Goods for which they can be used, are not redeemable for any sum of “real world” money nor do they hold any monetary value at any time. Other than a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to use the Virtual Goods or Playhem Tokens in the Application, you have no right or title in or to any such Virtual Goods or Playhem Tokens appearing or originating in the Application, or any other attributes associated with use of the Application. Sponsor has the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate such virtual currency and/or Virtual Goods as it sees fit in its sole discretion, and Sponsor shall have no liability to you or anyone for the exercise of such rights. Transfers of Playhem Tokens and Virtual Goods are strictly prohibited except where explicitly authorized by Sponsor by way of “Playhem Token Gift Packs.” A Playhem Token Gift Pack contains a number of Playhem Tokens which the entrant cannot use for him or herself. The entrant may only gift these to other entrants or Facebook® friends. Outside of the Game and/or Application, you may not buy or sell any Playhem Tokens or Virtual Goods for “real world” money or otherwise exchange items for value. Any attempt to do so is in violation of these Official Rules and may result in a lifetime ban from the Game and Application and possible legal action. You agree that all sales of Virtual Goods and Playhem Tokens are final. No refunds will be given, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All Virtual Goods and Playhem Tokens are forfeited if your account is terminated or suspended for any reason, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, or if Sponsor discontinues providing the Application. For further information, please see the Playhem Poker Terms of Service: http://poker.playhem.com/terms_of_service.
No purchase is required in order to participate in Promotional Prize Tournaments. Participation is predicated upon the player paying a “chip” entry fee. Players receive “chips” for free each week by logging on to the site, as well as through free daily ‘chip reloads’ and by winning additional chips through their play on the site. PLAYERS CAN NOT PURCHASE “CHIPS” ON THE SITE VIA ANY MEANS and there are not any items for purchase available within the Application which can improve an entrant’s ability to participate in a Promotional Prize Tournament, or can improve an entrant’s odds of winning a Promotional Prize Tournament.
Promotional Prize Tournaments are only available to persons who are 18 or older and residents of resident of Canada, with the exception of Quebec, or one of the following US states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, Wyoming.
Prizes in Promotional Tournaments may include “real world” prizes, such as cash or other prizes of monetary value, which will be noted by Sponsor at the beginning of an applicable Game.
If an entrant has lost their free chips and/or does not want to come to the site for daily ‘chip reloads’, an entrant may submit a mail-in request for participation in a Promotional Prize Tournament. Entrant must, on a 3x5 card or slip of paper, hand-print his/her name, date of birth, email address, current residence address information (street address, city, state, zip code), day and evening phone numbers (including area code), entrant's Playhem ID number (which can be obtained from the “My Account” section of the Application), and words: “Promotional Prize Tournament:” followed by the current month and year (example: Promotional Prize Tournament: September, 2013 ). Mail the request in a stampe envelope, hand printed, to: PLAYHEM POKER, 156 2ND STREET #202, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94105, ATTN: PROMOTIONAL PRIZE TOURNAMENT DEPARTMENT. Requests must be postmarked within the calendar month specified on the request itself. An individual entrant may make more than one Promotional Prize Tournament request per calendar month, but each entry must be in sent in a separate envelope, and the total number of Promotional Prize Tournaments shall be subject to all other eligibility requirements. Requests that are lost, late(), illegible, or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible and will be discarded.
In the case of the Weekly Leaderboard competition, the winner(s) will be those entrants who have accrued the most chips over the course of the competition, as specified in Sponsor’s announcements. In the case of the Promotional Cash Tournaments, the winner(s) will be based on an order as referenced in the “Tournament Rules” section above. Entrants agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from these Games and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding.
The winner of Promotional Cash Tournaments will be awarded the prize(s) identified in Sponsor's announcement and on Sponsor’s prize page for the corresponding Game Period. Prizes may be virtual (i.e., for use only in the Application) or they may be “real.” All cash and/or real prizes are awarded in US currency (USD). Approximate retail value of each prize, if any, is listed in the announcement and on the prize page next to the corresponding prize. Residents of Canada will be subject to a test of skill math question, as required by Canadian law, before being deemed eligible to redeem prize(s).
All prizes are awarded AS IS and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) by Sponsor.
Before claiming a prize, Sponsor is required to verify the following:
You are 18 or older and a resident of Canada, with the exception of Quebec, or one of the following US states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, Wyoming.
To claim a prize, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of a valid Government issued ID (driver's license or state-issued identification card), your Playhem ID and email address. Government issued identification must include date of birth and a valid address. Please include “ATTN: Customer Service” in the subject of your email or fax. The minimum withdrawal request amount is for $1.00.
To claim a prize, winner must fill out a claim request from within the “My Profile” section of the Game. Before this type of claim can be completed, Sponsor must receive a copy of a valid government issued identification, winner’s Playhem ID, and email address as stated above.
The odds of winning will depend on the number of entrants playing in each Game.
The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, transfer, cash equivalent or exchange will be allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
In the event a winner fails to claim a prize within 60 days, the prize shall be deemed forfeited and returned to Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, but not obligation, to award any forfeited prize to an alternative winner in another random drawing, which shall be at Sponsor's sole discretion.
Winner is responsible for the payment of his/her taxes on the prize and for any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize as identified in the Game announcement and Sponsor's prize page. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the appropriate tax authorities.
All prize winners will be notified within the Application immediately upon winning a prize. Cash and other “real” prizes must be claimed by going to the “Prize Redemption” section of the Application and requesting a cash withdrawal. Sponsor may request proof of age and residence to ensure winner complies with eligibility requirements before fulfilling any prize requests. Failure to provide Sponsor with proof of eligibility within 60 days of claiming a prize will result in a forfeiture of the prize. Sponsor has the right, but not obligation, to award any forfeited prize to an alternative winner, which shall be at Sponsor's sole discretion.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISION IS FINAL. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE GAME SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. CANADIAN PLAYERS, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE FROM QUEBEC, MUST COMPLETE A MATH QUESTION SKILL TEST BEFORE BEING DEEMED A WINNER OF A PRIZE.
Winners may, at the option of the Sponsor, be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, where legal, a Publicity Release, and IRS Form W-9. Failure to complete such forms within seven days of receipt of such request will result in forfeiture of the prize.
In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if the prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited. Any forfeited prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, at Sponsor's discretion.
To obtain the names of the winners, any person may mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope including their name, address and email address, after 30 days from completion of the Game to: Rooftop Bigboard, LLC. ATTN: Customer Service, 156 2nd Street, #202 San Francisco, CA 94105. Requests must specify the prize type, game name and date of the game. The request must be received no later than six (6) months after the particular Game in question has closed.
Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Game(s), and as a condition of participating in these Games, entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and its designees to use entrant's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and city and state address for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
ENTRANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IF ENTRANT IS CHOSEN AS A WINNER, ENTRANT'S PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PLACING ENTRANT'S NAME ON A WINNERS' LIST.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY MALFUNCTION (DUE TO HUMAN OR OTHER ERROR) THAT CAUSES AN INCORRECT PRIZE TO BE DECLARED AS WON (“ERRONEOUS PRIZE”), ALL SUCH ERRONEOUS PRIZES WILL BE VOIDED. ERRONEOUS PRIZES WILL BE DECIDED IN THE SOLE JUDGEMENT OF THE SPONSOR AND NO CORESSPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO.
All limitations of liability and indemnification set forth in Sponsor's Terms of Service apply herein. In addition, Sponsor, Facebook®, and the Sponsor Affiliates are not responsible for:
- stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, undeliverable or incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, illegible entries due to technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Games, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Games, the transmission of entries, notification or correspondence, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Game related materials;
- technical failures of any kinds;
- failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Games;
- unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Games;
- technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Games, the sending of entries, or the processing of entries; or
- any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Games or receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into a particular Game, entrant's sole remedy is to submit another entry into that particular Game. Sponsor may rescind any Game entry found to contain such errors or failures without liability at its sole discretion.
As a condition of participating in these Games, entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective affiliates, prize suppliers, and Sponsor's business partners and all their affiliates, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, managers, directors, members, shareholders and employees (the “Sponsor Affiliates”), as well as Facebook', from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions and any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Games, including acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse (including any travel or travel-related activity thereto) of the prize(s), or any injury or for damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or wireless device relating to or resulting from participation in these Games or downloading any materials in these Games, or inability to access any website or wireless service associated with this promotion, or any combination thereof. Entrants agree that the laws of the State of Delaware will govern any and all disputes.
As a condition of participating in these Games, entrant agrees that as to Sponsor, Facebook®, and the Sponsor Affiliates
- under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses,
- all causes of action arising out of or connected with these Games, or any prizes being offered or prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and
- any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but shall in no event include attorneys' fees. Sponsor reserves the right to modify prize award procedures.
If in Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Games, or if computer viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Games, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and or void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Games, or to terminate the Games and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received for the applicable drawing as of the termination date. Any attempts by an individual to access any website associated with this promotion via robotic, automatic entry devices, programs such as, but not limited to, by script, macro or any other automated means, or other unauthorized entry will void all such entries by such methods.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSOR'S APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAMES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
As a condition of participating in these Games, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties (including the affected Sponsor Affiliates), claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Games, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of a winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective and in accordance with its expedited hearing procedures. The arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator and will be limited solely to the dispute between you, Sponsor, and any Sponsor Affiliates. The arbitrator's award, including attorneys' fees, shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Games), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or entrant's rights and obligations or Sponsor's rights and obligations in connection with these Games, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Delaware.
If you do not wish to receive any further notices from Sponsor regarding future Game offering, send your name and address to: Playhem, ATTN: Customer Service, 156 2nd Street, #202, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Entrant agrees and acknowledges, as condition of participating in these Games, that Facebook® does not sponsor, endorse, administer, or is in any way associated with, these Games. All questions regarding these Games must be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook®. Entrant also agrees that as a condition of participating in these Games he or she shall release Facebook® from any and all liability arising out of entrant's participation in these Games.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
You have not yet won a prize. The actual odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for the applicable Game. All entries must be received by as indicated above to be eligible for the Game. Games end as set forth by Sponsor in the announcement for each Game. See Official Rules above for complete prize restrictions. Sponsored by Rooftop Bigboard, LLC. 156 2nd Street, # 202, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Date Last Modified: July 23, 2012